An Electoral District Boundaries Commission has been established to review the boundaries, number, and names of the electoral districts of the Yukon. The Commission will consider:
- public input
- density and future growth
- accessibility, size and geographical features
- facilities, travel patterns and means of communication
- census data, current elector population and demographics
- municipal and First Nations boundaries
- any special circumstances
The Commission is independent and non-partisan. The Commission reports to the Legislative Assembly.
Legal authority for the Commission's membership and mandate appears in the Elections Act
If you have questions about the Commission or need more information, please contact the Commission office.
If you would like to see the news releases issued by the Commission, click here.